Thursday, March 27, 2014


Web Quest Reflection

This assignment was designed to demonstrate ability of authoring and publishing web pages and the capacity to incorporate technology to meet curricular goals. Creating an interactive lesson with resources beyond the classroom to promote active participation in the classroom and engage students in the learning and thinking process. The goal of a teacher is “design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessment incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes” (ISTE Nets‐ T2); “design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity” (ISTE Nets T2, a); and “model and facilitate effective use of current and emerging digital tools to locate, analyze, evaluate, and use information resources to support research and learning” (ISTE Nets T3,d). Using Google Sites I created a Web Quest, it is a technological resource that enables students and teachers to develop lessons and presentations. Google sites were a little more confusing to me when I wanted to organize the pages of my lesson. It made me feel frustrated. The other components of the web quest site were quite smooth. I started developing my lesson about similarities and differences between Spanish culture and U.S.A. culture. I also incorporated technological knowledge in the lesson plan for 5th grade students. It was the first time that I did a lesson plan with a rubric. I still have a lot to learn about it. I like the technological resources that we have available to us on the Internet, but it still is a little difficult to fully understand the technological requirements because a lot of school districts still do not have enough economic resources to acquire this enormous engaging benefit from currentlytechnology. I will certainly utilize it in my classroom if it is afforded to me.

https://sites.google.com/a/ashland.edu/pratcliff-s-web-quest-project/

No comments:

Post a Comment